This paleo-friendly banana bread makes a perfect snack or an on-the-go breakfast.
It’s filled with protein, healthy fats and fibre that will leave you feeling nourished and satisfied.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 10 slices
2 cups almond meal
¾ cup walnuts, chopped
½ cup shredded coconut
1 tbsp chia seeds
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
Pinch sea salt
2 tbsp natural nut butter
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Lightly grease and line the base and sides of a 10cm x 20cm loaf pan with baking paper.
- Place almond meal, walnuts, coconut, chia, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl. Stir to combine.
- Whisk eggs, nut butter, coconut oil, banana and vanilla in a large jug until well combined. Add to dry ingredients and mix well with a wooden spoon until very well combined. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Remove. Cool completely in pan.
- Serve banana bread in thick slices.
Serve slices plain or toasted with butter or yoghurt and a drizzle of honey.
Peanut butter and almond butter work well in this recipe.
Natural nut butters don’t contain industrial seed oils or refined sugar. They are simply a mix of nuts and sea salt, making it a lot healthier to eat and digest. They are widely available at supermarkets and grocers.
By Tracey Monk