Blueberry Oat Muffins
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Made with nourishing ingredients like extra virgin olive oil, raw honey, natural yoghurt and antioxidant-rich blueberries, these muffins make for a wholesome snack or quick breakfast on the go.
2¼ cups spelt flour
1½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
⅔ cup natural yoghurt
½ cup raw honey
⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
1 cup frozen blueberries
½ cup rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 160°C (fan-forced)/325°F. Line a 12-hole ⅓-cup (80ml) capacity muffin pan with paper cases.
- Combine flour, baking powder, bicarb soda and salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk eggs, yoghurt, honey, oil and vanilla in a small bowl until smooth. Pour egg mixture into flour mixture and whisk until combined. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Divide mixture among paper cases. Sprinkle evenly with oats.
- Bake muffins for 35 minutes or until golden and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Remove. Cool in pan for 15 minutes.
- Serve muffins warm or at room temperature.
Try to source unbleached, organic flour for baking. Unbleached flour will have a natural creamy colour.
You can also use fresh blueberries or another favourite berry.
These muffins can be stored in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to two days.