Raw Chocolate Brownies
By: Tracey Monk
High in fibre and antioxidants, dates make up the base to these easy raw chocolate brownies, adding not only natural sweetness but an extra nutritious kick.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes setting in freezer
Servings: 20 pieces
1½ cups pitted medjool dates
1½ cups LSA mix
1 cup raw cacao powder
¼ cup natural almond or peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
¼ tsp sea salt
100g dark plant-based chocolate, melted
- Line base and sides of a 20cm square baking pan with baking paper.
- Place dates, LSA, cacao, almond butter, vanilla and sea salt in a food processor and blend. Pause processing and scrape the side down regularly, until mixture is smooth.
- Spoon mixture evenly into prepared pan, using the back of a spoon to smooth over the top. Pour over chocolate and smooth with the back of a spoon.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- To serve, cut brownie into 20 squares, to serve.
LSA mix is a combination of ground linseed, sunflower seeds and almonds. You can find it in supermarkets and natural health food stores. You can also swap LSA for a nut meal such as almond or hazelnut.
Add toasted shredded coconut, chopped toasted walnuts, dried cranberries or ground cinnamon for a flavour twist.